CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Irish Pasties.

On my other blog I posted about how much I love Ireland (even though I haven't been, yet) and all things Irish! So when I came across this recipe from Favorite Family Recipes I just had to try it!

This is what you'll need:


Recipe:
1 onion, diced
1 tbsp. butter
1 Lb. ground beef
3-4 potatoes, thinly sliced
1-2 tsp. garlic salt (or to taste)
1-2 Tbsp. garlic powder
black pepper, to taste
2-3 Tbsp. parsley flakes
1 box pie crusts (should be the box with 2 crusts in it)
brown gravy (can be the packaged kind)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

My thinly sliced potatoes. I actually cut them in 1/2 and probably could've gotten away with just using two instead of three because they were big potatoes.

Saute the onion with a tbsp. of butter until the onions are soft and clear. Then add the ground beef.

Once the beef is browned, add the potatoes, garlic salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and parsley. Cook until the potatoes are soft but still have a crunch to them. Afterwards, place the potato/meat mixture on half of the pie crust and then fold over and create a seal. (I used just plain Pillsbury seamless dough and well the first batch didn't work out for me. Next time I'll use the pie crusts.) Cut slits at the top of the dough and place in oven for 10-12 minutes.

Voila! (See what I was saying about that first batch!) I served this with a packaged gravy, which was delish! Definitely something I'll make again and be sure to check out Favorite Family Recipes for some other awesome dishes!

2 Thoughts:

The Purple Scrapbooker said...

Hi!

I would love to follow you, but I can't find where to do that on your site. Let me know so I can follow you. :-)
Thanks!!
Jen

Anonymous said...

Great recipe! I would have never thought to use a pie crust like that. :)

Post a Comment